World

Donald Trump considering ‘limited strike’ on Iran to force nuclear deal


Donald Trump considering 'limited strike' on Iran to force nuclear deal

US President Donald Trump said on Friday that he was considering “limited strike” on Iran if it did not make a nuclear deal with America. This comes a day after he served an ultimatum to the Islamic nation to make a “meaningful deal” in 10 days or “bad things would happen”.Asked by a reporter if he is “considering a limited military strike if Iran doesn’t make a deal,” Trump answered: “The most I can say — I am considering it,” AFP reported.Speaking at the Board of Peace event a day earlier, he had said, “And, you know, good talks are being had. It’s proven to be, over the years, not easy to make a meaningful deal with Iran. We have to make a meaningful deal, otherwise bad things will happen.”“So now we may have to take a step further or may not. Maybe we’re going to make a deal. You’re going to be finding out over the next, probably, 10 days,” he added.Trump’s comments come at a time of escalating tensions between Washington and Tehran. As previously reported by Reuters, the United States has expanded its military footprint in the Middle East, sending additional aircraft carriers, fighter jets and defence systems to the region. Satellite images examined by Reuters indicate that Iran has strengthened key nuclear and missile-linked facilities, reinforcing tunnel entrances and adding concrete protection at sensitive sites. Tehran has repeatedly denied pursuing nuclear weapons.The renewed effort to secure a deal follows years of strained engagement. During his first term, Trump pulled the US out of the 2015 nuclear accord and has since pushed for a broader and tougher agreement. Attempts under former President Joe Biden to restore the earlier deal did not result in a final settlement.



Source link

Related posts

Lower tariffs, revenue setback & more: What SC ruling means for Trump’s economic agenda

beyondmedia

Child among two killed in Pakistan motorcycle bomb blast | World News

beyondmedia

Sudanese rebels’ capture of Darfur city bears ‘hallmarks of genocide’, UN officials say | World News

beyondmedia

Leave a Comment